At MyDutyCollect your privacy is important to us. We want to make sure you have control over the information provided to us. Our mission is to create a user friendly and intuitive solution that meets the needs of all our customers and stakeholders. We will never share your information or contact details with third-party marketing companies or spammers.
In order to deliver the best possible solution we may request and collect data such as your email, so we can contact you, and information on your transactions, so that we can present you with the best experience. MyDutyCollect does not have access to your credit card information, as this is tokenised and processed by a secure, compliant third-party. We are not authorized to disclose personal information without your written permission. The information we collect is not shared, sold or rented to third parties and your use of the Service is considered to be a valid consent to disclose the following:
What we do with your information
- When you register for My Duty Collect we ask for your name, email address, billing address, credit card information. Members who sign up for the free account are not required to enter a credit card however if you want to enable your checkout process you will need to provide your credit card information.
- My Duty Collect uses the information we collect for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, and research.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information, such as credit card number on our registration form, We do not have access to your credit card information.
- My Duty Collect may disclose Personal Information under special circumstances, such as to comply with court orders requiring us to do so or when your actions violate the Terms of Service.
- We do not sell or otherwise provide Personal Information to other companies for the marketing of their own products or services.
In certain circumstances, we may disclose your personal information, like court orders.
Client Data Storage
My Duty Collect owns the data storage, databases and all rights to the My Duty Collect application .
A cookie is a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Every computer that accesses our website is assigned a different cookie by us.
To identify you electronically, a cookie will be stored on your computer. We have a “remarketing” tool running that allows us to take note of your visits to our site and show you relevant ads on our website and across the Internet. You can always opt out.
Google Analytics and Remarketing
We use a service provided by Google called Google Analytics (GA). GA permits us to reach people who have previously visited our site, and show them relevant advertisements when they visit other sites across the Internet in the Google Display Network. This is often called ‘remarketing’.
Cookies can be used to track your session on our website, to serve customized ads from Google and other third party vendors. When you visit this website, you may view advertisements posted on the site by Google or other third parties. Through first-party and third party cookies, these third parties may collect information about you while you are visiting this website and other websites. They may use this data to show you advertisements on this website and across the Internet based on your prior visits to this website and elsewhere on the Internet. We do not collect this information or control the content of the advertisements that you will see.
Stripe is a technology company. Its software allows individuals and businesses to receive payments over the Internet. Stripe provides the technical, fraud prevention, and banking infrastructure required to operate on-line payment systems. https://stripe.com/ie/privacy
You may be able to opt out of customized Google Display Network ads by visiting the Ads Preferences Manager (http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/), and the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on (http://www.google.ca/ads/preferences/plugin/).
Your use of this website without opting out means that you understand and agree to data collection to provide you with remarketing ads using GA and cookies from other third party vendors based on your prior visits to this website and elsewhere on the Internet.
Personal information we collect
We collect personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you: use our Services, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, or when you otherwise correspond with us. Some of this personal information, such as a way to identify you, is necessary to enter into our User Agreement. The provision of all other personal information is voluntary, but may be necessary in order to use our Services, such as the buying or selling information needed to conclude a transaction. We may also collect personal information from other sources, as described below.
Personal information you give us when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us.
- Buying information, you provide during a transaction, or other transaction-based content that you generate or that is connected to your account as a result of a transaction you are involved in.
- Other content that you generate, or that is connected to your account (such as adding items to your basket, adding items to your Wish List, creating collections, and following other collections and sellers).
- Information used to send an item, as well as, where postal services are provided through one of our programs, information required to clear customs (such as Tax ID or other identification numbers) and relevant postage information (such as tracking numbers and tracking updates).
- In some instances, when you use our Services, you may provide age, gender, interests and favourites.
- You may also provide us other information through a web form, by updating or adding information to your account when you otherwise communicate with us regarding our Services.
- Additional information we are required or authorised by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to fulfil a contract with you and provide you with our Services, to comply with our legal obligation, protect your vital interest, or as may be required for the public good. This includes:
- To provide payment processing and account management, measure and improve our Services, keep our Services safe, secure and operational, and customise site content that includes items and services that you may like in response to actions that you take.
- To contact you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed or as otherwise necessary to provide you customer service.
- When contacting you for such purposes as outlined above, we may contact you via email, telephone, SMS/text messages, postal mail and via mobile push notifications.
- To provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information.
- To prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
We use your personal information to pursue our legitimate interests where your rights and freedoms do not outweigh these interests. We have implemented controls through tool Google Analytics to balance our interests with your rights. This includes to:
- Improve our Services, for example by reviewing information associated with stalled or crashed pages experienced by users allowing us to identify and fix problems and give you a better experience.
- Personalise, measure and improve our advertising based on your advertising customisation preferences.
- Contact you via email or postal mail in order to offer you coupons, discounts and special promotions, poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires and inform you about our Services, as authorised by applicable law.
- Deliver targeted marketing, service updates and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
- Measure the performance of our email marketing campaigns (e.g. by analysing open and click rates).
- Measure sellers' performance (e.g. by using shipment tracking information that sellers and shipping providers send or provide through My Duty Collect).
- Monitor and improve the information security of our site and mobile applications.
With your consent, we may use your personal information to:
Provide you with marketing via telephone calls, email, SMS/text.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
We may use technologies considered automated decision making or profiling. We will not make automated-decisions about you that would significantly affect you, unless such a decision is necessary as part of a contract we have with you, we have your consent, or we are required by law to use such technology.
Your choices about how we use your personal information
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe via the link in an email you received, change your Communication Preferences within My Duty Collect, indicate your communication preferences using the method described within the direct communication from us or contact us as described in the Contact Us section below. Keep in mind, we do not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.
If you do not wish to participate in our advertising personalisation programs, you can opt-out by following the directions provided within the applicable advertisement, or through the programs described in our User Cookie Notice. The effect of an opt-out will be to stop personalised advertising, but it will still allow the collection of personal information as otherwise described in this privacy notice. We do not allow third parties to track or collect your personal information on our sites for their own advertising purposes, without your consent.
Staying Signed in
When you sign in to your account on our Services, we give you the option to stay signed in to your account for certain amount of time. If you are using a public or shared computer, we encourage you not to choose to stay signed in. You or any other user of the computer/browser you signed in on will be able to view and access most parts of your account and take certain specific actions during this signed in period without any further authorisation. The specific actions and account activities that you or any other user of this computer/browser may take include:
- buy or make an item
- Check out or add items to your basket
- View your My Duty Collect page
- View or edit the Wish List or order details
- View the profile page
- Conduct after-sale activities, like leaving Feedback, canceling orders, requesting returns or submitting claims
If you attempt to change your password, update any other account information or attempt other account activity beyond those listed above, you may be required to enter your password.
You can typically end your signed in session by either signing out and/or clearing your cookies. If you have certain browser privacy settings enabled, simply closing your browser may also end your signed in session. If you are using a public or shared computer, you should sign out and/or clear your cookies when you are done using our Services to protect your account and your personal information.
How you can access, correct and control your personal information
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing in to your account. Please, update your personal information immediately if it changes or is inaccurate.
We will honour any statutory right you might have to access, modify or erase your personal information. Where you have a statutory right to request access or request the modification or erasure of your personal information, we can still withhold that access or decline to modify or erase your personal information in some cases in accordance with applicable national laws or because you have some pending with us .
If you request that we stop processing some or all of your personal information or you withdraw (where applicable) your consent for our use or disclosure of your personal information for purposes set out in this privacy notice, we might not be able to provide you all of the Services and customer support offered to our users and authorised under this privacy notice and our User Agreement.
Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable national laws.
We will retain your information in the period in which your account is active or according to your preferences in our My Duty Collect site in the Data Retention. This option is pre-filled with "Do not automatically expire", but it is available to you to change the retention period at any time.
We will use industry standards in security, the same ones used by the big credit card companies, to help you keep a secure My Duty Collect account.
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here or by means of a notice on our homepage so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
We may change this Privacy Statement. If it’s a big change, we will inform you, right here.